-->




Links I Love

Blogger meetup at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
[Here is a quick snapshot of a recent blogger meetup. Many more pictures to come!]

I hope you enjoy the links this week. I promise, more fashion in the near future!


At 18, Tavi Gevinson Is a Fashion Veteran—and a Broadway Rookie
There's basically nothing this girl can't do. 

I think Bogart seems like a creeper but you can't deny they had a special love. 



It's interesting to see who and how a celebrity death can affect someone. For me, Princess Diana, Cory Monteith and Robin Williams all hit a certain sadness. Diana meant a lot to me in childhood and hers was the first death I was really aware of. Cory Monteith seems like an odd choice but I watched Glee from the beginning and watched his character grow. Knowing that character was also gone felt like a loss somehow. His relationship with Lea Michele on screen and off just made it all the more sad. I couldn't watch the show after "The Quaterback," which I literally bawled over. Robin Williams was mostly a sad shock since he made so many people so happy. The whole world was and is still grieving.

This is amazing and brave, a great post Jennine!

Scathingly Brillant // It's Okay to Fail
This was also a brave post, especially from someone who seems so successful from afar.

On a lighter note...

Check out this Flower Power photo shoot starring the cutest pitbulls you ever did see. You can buy the prints to support rescue organizations.

The cutest pitbulls ever dressed in flower crowns.






9 Unexpected Reasons You Should Never Trash Banana Peels
Interesting enough, I had no clue about many of these.

GIRL TALK: On Being the Black Girl at Rockabilly Events This is such an important perspective. I definitely don't see enough women of color at pin-up events.

Swing the Day Away // We Need a Bra Revolution I'm literally so confused about bras. Even when I'm fitted, sizes are different across brands.

Pushing Daisies nostalgia

I wrote a similar article for BUST in 2011. It's still relevent and not much has changed. As BUST's Laurie Henzel said (literally earlier today on Facebook), "Our entire brand was based on this concept, and everyone's just figuring it out now." womp womp..come on, world.

"For the “Ruby Sparks” press, I wore a Hello Kitty Band-Aid because I had hurt my elbow doing a scene. So I bought these Band-aids to make myself feel better and I got criticism for it! I felt like, Who are you to tell me what my feminism means to me? Just because I wear a skirt doesn’t mean that I am inviting rape and just because I wear a Band-Aid that has a cartoon character on it doesn’t mean that I’m infantilizing myself."

I'm a little in love with this girl and I've never even seen her movies. I love that she created a film that set out to subvert the idea of "manic pixie dream girl." I so need to see Ruby Sparks and What If.

Taylor Swift Reveals She Has Been A Feminist All This Time

Yay! I once wrote 75% of an article called "Why loving Taylor Swift goes against my feminist ideals." After 75%, I realized it was bullshit. I would've gotten paid $100 but I stopped believing what I was writing so I'm now happy to hear of her "feminist awakening."

HelloGiggles // When the Internet Steals Your Words (and How to Get Them Back) Important Stuff. "This quote has been passed around the Internet for years as something our founder, Zooey Deschanel once said. It actually came from one of our brilliant writers, Amelia Olson. These beautiful words are completely hers."

I Talked to Strangers for a Week, and It Did Not Go Well

I enjoyed reading about her experiment. Sometimes people are more open, depending on the time of day. Personally I like small talk on the train. I once made a new friend talking about the designer who printed my tote! As long as they're not creepy, it's all good. 

xo Interview // Claire Talks to Belle and Sebastian's Stuart Murdoch About His New Film "God Help the Girl" This week, I had the pleasure of hearing Stuart Murdoch speak about his new film (in a non-interview capacity). I love that this interview covers a lot of similar things he said. The film opens September 5th!

An interview at the Apple store to discuss God Help the Girl, Stuart's new film.


19 Delicious Reasons To Visit Quebec I miss Montreal.

34 Moments That Show Why Eric Northman Is The Only Thing We’ll Miss From “True Blood” The series finale was super underwhelming...not Dexter bad, but pretty meh. Just know, we'll always have Eric. <3

Interview Insider: How to Get Hired at BuzzFeed 
I like that this seems like the "real" inside scoop.

10 Ruls of Business You Should Follow and Why 
Seemingly simple, but makes perfect sense.




No comments:

Post a Comment