-->




30 Questions You Should Ask Your Best Friend


Right now, my best friend is going through a tough time and I wish I could be there with her to binge watch Real Housewives and discuss the amount of hotties on Once Upon a Time. I recently sent her this questionnaire I found on HelloGiggles. It reminded me of Myspace and how often these got passed around. Check out our answers below! We're pretty different in a lot of ways, but we definitely compliment each other. I miss this gal quite a bit!

1. Who are your top three lady heroes? 
My mom, Audrey Hepburn and Amy Poehler 

(Best Friend Answer: Mindy Kaling, Amy Poehler and my mom) <--great minds!

2. When you were little, what did you want to be? 
A fashion designer and actress 

(Best Friend Answer: A back up singer. I remember my dad asking me why I didn’t want to shoot for lead singer. I just always liked doing the backup vocals on all of the songs I sang along to.)

3. Who do you think should run for president in two years? 
Hillary Clinton, duh.

(Best Friend Answer: I honestly don’t know. I’d have to do more research before answering this one.)

4. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year? Ever? 
I haven't read too many this year, but I enjoyed The Other Typist. I have Game of Thrones waiting for me next. Ever? I might choose Augusten Burroughs' Magical Thinking. 

(Best Friend Answer: This year: Mindy Kaling’s “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me” Ever: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Don’t hate.)

5. Truly, H&M or Forever 21?
H&M I guess. I have issues with a lot of fast fashion, especially Forever 21, but H&M has amazing home decor stuff online. 

(Best Friend Answer: H&M)

6. Would you rather get lunch with Gillian Flynn or J.K. Rowling? 
I never read anything by Gillian Flynn...I hear Gone Girl is amazing. J.K. Rowling seems cool. I would much rather hang out with Laurie Notaro though.

(Best Friend Answer: J.K. Rowling)

7. What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory? 
God knows..I probably blocked them out...oh I remember a good one! I had my first kiss in front of "friends" who were egging us on. Someone took a picture and went around showing it to everyone saying I was kissing all wrong. Even then, I remember thinking this was pretty ludicrous.

(Best Friend Answer: Walking into the wrong classroom on the way back to from the restroom I was in elementary school. As soon as I would notice I was in the wrong class, I would say, “My teacher wanted me to tell you something…but I forgot what it was!” and run out. I did this MULTIPLE times, so I’m sure the teacher knew I was making that up.)

8. If you had the option of adopting a baby fox or baby koala, which one would you choose? 
Koala! I'd rather adopt a baby pig though.

(Best Friend Answer: Fox. Just because it seems like it would adapt better to my tiny apartment.)

9. What’s your dream job? 
Editor-in chief of a magazine, vintage buyer, or boutique owner....probably some sort of combination of all these things actually.

(Best Friend Answer: Every time I think I know, it changes. )

10. Who is your favorite mythological god/goddess? 
Is Buffy a mythological goddess? I love Greek myths and fairy tales, but I don't think I gravitate to one character in particular.

(Best Friend Answer: Venus. Godess of love. Thanks, Lady Gaga. )

11. What is your most embarrassing memory? 
I've fallen on my face too many times to count. What comes to mind recently was having my skirt tucked into my underwear at a recent office meeting. I'm not easily embarrassed though. I untucked and moved on.

(Best Friend Answer: It’s way too long of a story to type out. It involves me running around my high school in an embarrassing outfit and people saying “Why is she dressed like that!?”)

12. If you had to choose between using Internet Explorer forever, or permanently using an AOL e-mail address, which one would it be? 
I don't think Internet Explorer is soo bad...AOL would be worse.

(Best Friend Answer: Internet Explorer. I can’t handle AOL. I’m sorry.)

13. If you could either be a duck or an owl, which would you be? 
This question reminds me of a long-ago interview with Urban Outfitters. They asked me what animal I would be and why. I think I said a dolphin...because I go with the flow. I guess that was the wrong answer. haha In this case, I would choose a duck since I just finished reading the fairy tale of The Ugly Duckling. It would be nice to swim about.

(Best Friend Answer: An owl. They can fly. So, that’s cool.)

14. What do you love about yourself most? 
My sense of style and ability to create an instant cat-eye.

(Best Friend Answer: My sense of humor.)

15. Cheetos Puffs, regular Cheetos, or Flaming Hot Cheetos? 
Regular all the way. The puffys get stuck in my teeth.

(Best Friend Answer: Cheeto Puffs)

16. Rugrats or Doug? 
Doug..no wait, Rugrats. Confession: I cried at the Rugrats movie when Chuckie didn't have a mom to dance with.

(Best Friend Answer: Rugrats)

17. Which house would you belong to in Game of Thrones? Like, very honestly. 
I'd probably be a Stark, the smart Sansa kind.

(Best Friend Answer: Hell if I know…)

18. If you got a (new) tattoo, what would it be of? 
A colorful Russian nesting doll

(Best Friend Answer: Something that really means something special.)

19. What would you like to eat for your last meal? Either a really good hamburger with Swiss cheese or a big bowl of delicious pasta. The dessert would definitely be a warm molten lava cake with cinnamon ice cream and a peanut butter/chocolate shake. 

(Best Friend Answer: Mofongo y Carne Frita, my favorite Puerto Rican meal.)

20. If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose? 
Uh...they all have their downfalls, but maybe a non-contest kind like the Real World or the Real Housewives so I could just "be real."

(Best Friend Answer: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.)

21. Who has influenced you the most? 
Probably my mom in her infinite wisdom and style.

(Best Friend Answer: My parents. Equally.)

22. What are your favorite lyrics? 
I tried to think of something meaningful, but it would just be a sham. When I was an angsty teenager, I loved the lyrics from that Flaming Lips song, "Do You Realize?" Remember Mandy Moore in How to Deal and angsty falling rain? I was also super into lyrics from Belle and Sebastian and Rilo Kiley. Mates of State was my favorite, but their lyrics are kind of nonsensical.

(Best Friend Answer: “And you wanted to dance, so I asked you to dance, but fear is in your soul. Some people call it a one night stand, but we can call it paradise.” - Duran Duran, Save a Prayer)

23. Stretchy jeans or jeggings? 
Neither, skirts forever and always.

(Best Friend Answer: Stretchy jeans)

24. On the first day of ruling the world, what would you do? 
The WORLD?! That's a bit overwhelming, but I think I'd call a meeting to create some sort education system for women in impoverished areas and make sure 50% of elected officials are women. The rest would probably work itself out after that.

(Best Friend Answer: Honestly, the very first day, I would throw a party with my close friends and be like “How the HELL is this happening? OMG! What should I do!? I can’t handle this! I’m freaking out!”) <-- haha I'd probably do that too.

25. If you were forced to open a bakery, what would you name it? 
Something with a baking pun..or a play on Twee/Sweet Valley High. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments below! I love puns, but am terrible at making them. 

(Best Friend Answer: If i was FORCED, I would name it “They Made Me Do This Bakery and Coffee House”  Yeah…I added a coffee house in there. That’ll really stick it to them...)

26. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date? 
I'm drawing a blank and it's making me feel kind of lame...past dates have included scrabble, pizza, museums and bars..none too weird. Jason and I had root beer floats on the roof the other day. That was a nice boyfriend date.

(Best Friend Answer: Walked around the Driskill hotel just to go kill time before a movie.)

27. What do you hope to achieve by 50?
Be my own boss of a successful business.

(Best Friend Answer: Stability. It feels like I’ll never get there.)

28. What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
Probably moving into my own apartment. It was incredibly freeing. It also enabled me to get the dog I always wanted.

(Best Friend Answer: Having a deep conversation with my bestie at the museum in New York. I feel like it made our friendship stronger and we got to understand each other a little better.) <--awww <3

29. Would you rather be stuck in traffic for two hours, or have Chipotle run out of guacamole? 
This is silly, which is probably the point. I hate traffic with a fiery passion, but am also not fond of Chipotle. Either way, I can probably live without guac....temporarily.

(Best Friend Answer: Chipotle run out of guacamole. Is this even comparable?)

30. Why are you so amazing?! 
Me? Hm..I think part of my awesome is that I have a strong sense of self, whether that means style or beliefs. I'm also hilarious to exactly two people, this lil lady and my awesome boyfriend. I'm lucky to have them both in my life!

(Best Friend Answer: Oh, stop it. Why are YOU so amazing. ::blush::) <--too modest for her own good!

xoxo

These crazy shots are from the BUST beauty event where I taught a crowd how to create flower crowns. I'm wearing designs from two of my friends, top by Julie Mollo and skirt by She and Reverie


No comments:

Post a Comment