-->




What I Wore To Brooklyn Flea

I wore this blue mod look for a Saturday spent wandering Brooklyn Flea and an evening of grilling in Jason's backyard. This "shirt" is actually a dress. Admittedly, it got a bit tight in the midsection, but I threw a skirt on top and was good to go. Obviously I love food and it's catching up to me lately. Jason and I started the series Ballet Beautiful to try and get into shape. I used to do ballet as a kid and Jason likes it because the woman instructs in a calm, soothing manner (none of that "Doitdoitdoit!" stuff). Since starting an office job last year, my natural exercise has dwindled. Thankfully I live in New York where going up and down a million stairs is just part of my day.

I love this happy blurry picture. 

What I Wore
Dress: Vintage
Skirt: Vintage
Earrings: Vintage
Scarf: Vintahe
Belt: Thrifted
Bag: Pan Am Marc Jacobs (Similar: Modcloth)
Broach: Vintage via Antiques Garage (RIP)

15 comments:

  1. Gah you look sooo cute!! I love this look on you. I've also lusted over those PanAm bags for such a long time. Is this one big enough to carry a DSLR, do you think? I'm trying to find a good purse that will accommodate my camera for my NY trip!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love this bag so much. I got it when I worked at a thrift store. It's Marc Jacobs but it's exactly like most of the Pan Am bags I see. It's big enough to hold my camera and everything else I need and it's waterproof so I always use it when it rains.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristina! Your outfit looks very sweet. I love the Pan Am bag.
    - Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circle skirt is darling and the ballet for exercise sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely need more skirts like this, they go with everything. The exercises are fun but some are are really hard, especially butt exercises. ha

      xo

      Delete
  4. This is totally adorable. I love your sassy 60s stewardess look, beyond fabulous.
    I need to experiment more with wearing dresses as tops. I've seen people recommend it before, but it's never something that I remember when I'm getting dressed in the morning. I could see it really helping with keeping your top tucked in, at the very least.
    Cheers!
    Jessica, cakesandcakesvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! It's never something I set out to do. I knew this dress was too tight, but it's such a good base. I was about to wear a cat smock with it but it was too short. I somehow ended up with a skirt over it. I do it with a few other dresses, but I just need nicer shirts. ha

      Delete
  5. I love this outfit! I do the same thing if a dress is tighter in the tummy area I just put a shirt over it and it's good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you in Juicy Peaches :) and um, I am in love! This blue is stunning on you and I love the retro vibe of your entire blog. Smitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that makes me really happy! I literally just swapped banner with those gals. They are the cutest.
      Thank you so much for your compliments!

      Weird Side Note: My blog is named after a song by a band called The Smittens..so you're smitten with a Smitten blog!...haha ;)

      Delete
  7. This whole outfit is just too adorable! I really love the different shades of blue and your hair :).
    xx Tessie http://knoxmysox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Loving your beehive game on your blog! =)

      Delete
  8. Such an adorable look. Loving all the blue!

    ReplyDelete