-->




Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

From websites and magazines to movies and tv, I'm seeing costume ideas everywhere I turn. I've also helped create some awesome costumes at the vintage store where I work. This year, I decided to be a Pan Am stewardess. I mean, I kind of already dress like a sixties stewardess most of the time so it's not much of a stretch. I recently picked up a Pan Am bag and now I just need a hat to pull it all together. I might make one out of construction paper or felt. If anyone has any on-the-fly hat making tips though, let me know! 

I've had some fun costumes over the years. I thought I'd share some from the past, as well as inspiration of the year. Last year, I was Joan from Mad Men. I sort of have this hair color now so it's funny to see how real the wig looks! For details on how I put my Joan look together head back to my first entry almost a year ago!
Here I am in 2009 as Minnie Mouse. This was my back up costume for this year. 
At one point in high school I was Ringo Starr. 
At another point, I was a dark-haired Margot Tenenbaum with a friend as Ritchie. Eventually I re-did this costume in an awesome blonde wig though. Another year, I was Max Fischer, which was kind of hilarious. I guess I was pretty into Wes Anderson in high school.
If you're still searching for this year's costume and are coming up empty, check out some of the great costume ideas below. For details on where to get some of the items, click on the source link above each photo. 
NY Mag: Anna Wintour and Nicki Minaj
NY Mag: Pregnant Beyonce and Jay-Z
The Frisky: Princess Beatrice
Refinery 29: Black Swan
Refinery 29: Daphne Guinness
Tres Sugar: Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All
Tres Sugar: Blossom
Tres Sugar: Lori Beth Denberg from All That (uh..random, but kind of awesome)
Tres Sugar: Carmen Sandeigo
Tres Sugar: Cher from Clueless 
Tres Sugar: Mrs. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus! 
[Also on BUST.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment