-->




A Snowy Day in Brooklyn

Weather is crazy in NYC. Temperatures are lower than ever, yet here I am, a crazy person staging a snowy photo shoot. Despite the cold, I'm really happy with these photos. It was gorgeous on my roof and the snow, untouched, kept falling in such a whimsical fashion. 

These dresses come courtesy of Unique Vintage. I'm especially in love with the polka dot dress, which I wore to a fashion week show. I was wary of cap sleeves and possible waist pleats, but turns out the dress is super flattering and surprisingly floaty. It made me want to spin about, which you can see from the photos below. It's also really comfortable, which is fairly important to me. 

The hat is one of my favorite things I own. Jason gave it to me when we first started dating. I mentioned in passing that I always wanted one and he set out to find the best leopard pill-box. It was a darling surprise that I have yet to forget. It's also the perfect statement piece and wonderful in winter weather. 

My second look has adorable hearts all over. I'm not a huge fan of the stretchy fabric, but the print more than makes up for it, plus the front has some flattering ruching. It's great for the winter season when I can pair a dress with a cardigan and tights.

This is my second entry as part of the Unique Vintage Style Society. I'm still honored they asked and I'm glad to be part of such a positive campaign. Some of my favorite bloggers have also partnered with UV, like Chronically Vintage and The Soubrette Brunette. Definitely check out their posts and follow the #iamunique hashtag on Instagram. 

What I Wore
Hat: Vintage
Tights: HUE via Macy's
Bangle: Salvation Army
Coat: Vintage via Goodwill
Coat Broach: Modern Girl Blitz
Heart Broach: Handmade by me
Shoes: Rachel Antonoff for BASS 
Purse: Erin Fetherston for Target
Polka dot dress: c/o Unique Vintage
Heart dress: c/o Unique Vintage

This post has been sponsored. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Omg you look absolutely darling! And you are soo brave to be in the cold brrr I hope you had a large mug of tea afterwards hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold was kind of ridiculous haha but I did have many hot beverages that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww!!! Thanks :) Since it's stretchy, I can move the skirt up or down depending on how long I want it to be. It just happened to be warm that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these outfits! (And the charming snow photos) You know how to rock a pillbox!

    ReplyDelete