-->




More Exciting News!


If you follow me on social media, you might already know that I recently got a dog! This was a big step and I want to do a whole entry about my adoption process. For now, I'll just introduce you to Tallulah (as in "Gosh" if you like indie pop).  She's a teeny-tiny senior at 10 years old and a mix of Dachshund/Shih Tzu (a Schweenie!). She is super low-key and adorable with a total puppy face. <3 <3 <3

I accept all forms of dog advice, especially for seniors. Feel free to comment with any helpful info or books I should read! 

Hopefully I can be as glam as Jane Russell and Bette Davis with their cute lil pooches.



Here's another shot of Tallulah. What a sweet angel!


5 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! She's absolutely adorable. I wish that I could get a dog, but the way my life is going right now it just wouldn't be fair to the poor thing. Plus, my new apartment has carpeted floors, and carpet+dog=ew.
    I've only ever had younger dogs, but training was always just about figuring out what they liked and giving it to them when they did things right. I found clicker training really useful, too, since it's a way to give them positive feedback without having to have treats on you at all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yeah I would be going crazy with carpet. I had two rugs I had to roll up and stash in my bathroom because she peed on them twice!..but only the kitchen ones. For some reason she knows not to go in the bedroom area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Also we have a Dachshund/Maltese and found it really helpful to have specific food times instead of food out all the time for them. It especially helped us keep the dog well fed but at a healthy weight, which can be especially important for long dogs like this since that weight can hurt their back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh that makese sense...When I did wet food, she just ate it all and I was afraid she was hungery. I thought I recently came up with a system..let me know what you think though.. I mix the wet and dry food in the morning. She eats the wet food right away and leaves the dry. I leave it there in case she's hungery but I don't think she eats much of it. When I get home, I sprinkle a treat or two over it and she starts eating the dry food. Is it bad since it's been sitting there all day?

      Delete