-->




Collection Love: Angelina Mata Spring/Summer 2012 RTW

When I heard designer and fellow San Antonian, Angelina Mata, was showcasing her Spring/Summer 2012 ready-to-wear collection for this year's Fashion Week, I knew I had to be there. I'd never seen her work before and wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew I wanted to celebrate Texan style makers and lovers in NYC. 
I have to say, I was really blown away by her Atelier collection. Not only were the clothes gorgeous, but each was a look from head to toe of impeccable styling and rather than a traditional runway show, the models stood as a sort of living installation of pure fashion. The line consisted of constructed pieces made from hand-dyed and painted textiles along with metal embellishments and as Mata aptly puts it on her website, the collection "translates into a concise ultramodern look with the haunt of ancient civilizations."
I think this showcase will really help launch her from "San Antonio designer" to "designer" by broadening her clientele and making a national name for herself. I do love that she worked with a team of several San Antonio artists though including the amazing stylist Henry de la Paz who's the one who turned me into a redhead
Here are some more photos of the presentation..including my "fancy" instagram ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment