-->




What I Wore On Date Night


I wore this on a Monday night when my boyfriend and I had a mini adventure in the West Village. Most of the fancier places were closed so we grabbed a late-night corndog, were witness to fights and crazies as we walked, and enjoyed a fantastic s'more crepe at the Creperie. I felt just the right amount of dressy for a walk around downtown kind of night. 

The dress, a great find from No Relation, gives me subtle Mad Men vibes. It's the kind of dress either Sally or early Peggy would probably wear. Peggy's look has always been office/school-girl chic, but as she leaves Sterling Cooper Draper (Price?), you can visibly see her look change to fit her position and raise. Nowadays, Sally tries to push the go-go boot envelope, but this collar and pattern would fit right into her earlier ensembles as well. 

If you're into Mad Men Style, be sure and check out the Mad Style Section of Tom and Lorenzo, my favorite blog for TV recaps and fashion editorials. Their Mad Style posts are seriously a thing of beauty. They are so in depth and right on, I'm always amazed at the level of incite and commitment. I have them to thank for making me sound smart and/or insightful whenever talking about Mad Men.  

The little 60's purse was a gift from my ultra talented friend Millie, who graphic designs by day and DJs indie pop by night! 


what i wore:
purse: vintage
shoes: bass
sweater: vintage
leopard headband: monk
dress: vintage via no relation

1 comment:

  1. The pattern on the dress is so great. I can see early-seasons Peggy in it.
    The purse is super super cute, what a great find :)

    ReplyDelete